5 Reasons to Invest
in Growth-Ready West Parry Sound District.
1. We’re bringing better utilities to West Parry Sound District, like faster internet and renewable energy.
With upgrades to infrastructure, you can settle down in a district focused on expanding fibre internet, natural gas, water and hydro coverage.
2. There are unique funding programs in the West Parry Sound District.
2. Get access to funding programs specific to Northern Ontario, yet benefit from a location that’s only 2 hours’ drive to the Greater Toronto Area.
Financial help isn’t limited to new businesses; there are also funding programs available to existing businesses. And funding agencies like NOHFC (Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation), Parry Sound Area Community Business & Development Centre, and FedNor provide various incentive programs for different types of businesses, from tech companies to manufacturing to film production and more.
Over the last 5 years:
- FedNor has supported 34 projects and invested more than $8.5 Million in the region
- NOHFC has supported 154 projects and invested more than $23 Million in the region
Since it’s inception in 1987, Parry Sound Area CBDC has approved 538 loans valuing over $47 Million and supported 2286 jobs in the region.
- Starting a business is easier with lower startup costs - and no development fees - in West Parry Sound. With a lower density than urban cities, businesses have access to more land and industrial spaces at a cheaper price.
Yet the opportunity is great: located halfway between Sudbury and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), businesses in West Parry Sound have access to Over 6.8 million people within a 2 hour drive of West Parry Sound.
- There’s a 4 lane divided highway giving more vehicles (in both directions) quick access to the GTA.
- Running a business in West Parry Sound offers a lower cost of living, and employers have access to more affordable labour. On top of that, West Parry Sound’s workforce is talented and trained:
- 43.6% have a post-secondary diploma/degree or higher
- 11.6% have an apprenticeship/trade certificate
- 30.2% have a high school diploma
4. West Parry Sound is upgrading their transportation networks.
- Bigger planes, more frequently: the Parry Sound Area Municipal Airport and Business Park is expanding, including airport upgrades to improve and extend services.
- Grow your business at the world’s deepest freshwater port. From bringing in large materials like turbines by boat, to cruise lines for tourism on the Great Lakes - there is untapped opportunity here.
5. West Parry Sound District has shovel-ready sites, ready for your development.
West Parry Sound has nearly 2000 businesses; and 30 of those businesses employ 50 people or more. With a population that swells from 20K to 100K seasonally there are people to build for, and a large, competitive construction workforce to help you build, with over 20% of the workforce employed in trades in the West Parry Sound District.
Expansions are already underway at the Parry Sound Area Industrial Park and Parry Sound Area Municipal Airport and Business Park. Industrial sites also exist here:
- Oastler Park Drive
- North Tudhope St.